You will be accommodated at Zion Game Lodge.
Zion is celebrated for its magnificent garden, peaceful atmosphere, beautiful surroundings and breath-taking sunsets, which all add to a true African safari experience. The lodge is situated in the picturesque and malaria-free Waterberg biosphere in the Alma area.
Guest arrives as strangers but leave as friends. John and Susan are known for making their guests feel at home and spoiled. There is just something very special about Zion…
Game species like majestic sable and kudu bulls, ever alert impala, blesbuck, oryx, roan, confiding njala and funny looking warthog can be lazily be admired, either from the sunset deck or during game drives or walks for the more adventurous and active guests. Our eco-friendly garden is teeming with a variety of birds and butterflies to make sure you are constantly entertained and engaged with African wildlife
As this is Dr John’s family home, we would like to introduce you to the rest of the family:
Our 2 children: Rachel (16) and Daniël (13)
Our 4-legged children that is sure to steal your heart and make you feel at home: Abby, Cody, Buddy and Lucy
Our staff, which is 2 Malawian families: Samuel & Miriam and Omar & Lucy. You will surely meet them as people who are always smiling, friendly and more than willing to help with anything.
The lodge area is fenced in for safety and the camp includes:
- Dr John’s family home
- An outside lapa area with a kitchen and lounge
- An outside boma area for camp fires at night
- A closed entertainment lapa with a pool table, bar and television
- 7 Chalets for guest accommodation - equipped with linen and towels
- A swimming pool
- A sunset deck, or the “Gin-and-Tonic” lounge, as we call it, to reflect on the activities of the day
- Zion Game Lodge has a laundry facility where your washing will be washed, ironed and returned to your room twice a week. The lodge also has free Wi-Fi for internet access so that you can stay connected with friends and family back home.
- Meals are homemade and are often prepared with ingredients fresh from Dr John’s vegetable and herb gardens. You will definitely be introduced to the South African tradition of BRAAI. We like to spoil our overseas guests with traditional South African ingredients and dishes. We do most of our cooking outside on open fires and gas barbeques. It will vary from grilled food to stew-like “potjiekos” in traditional three-legged black pots.